ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE VACANT POSITION OF A GENERAL SECRETARY.
The National headquarters of National Union of Postal and Telecommunications Employees (NUPTE), call for a qualified candidates to apply for the position of a General Secretary of the Union.
To be qualified as a General Secretary, one must:
- Be a graduate from an accredited University or Institution.
- Not less than 35 years of age.
- Have solid track records of strong leadership, building and motivating effective and productive teams in trade Union of comparable size.
- Have a Strong administrative and financial skills demonstrated in a senior strategic role.
- Have establishing, managing and developing collaborative working relationships with a range of internal and external bodies.
- Be a full-time officer residing in Abuja or ready to relocate to Abuja with immediate effect when appointed the General Secretary.
- Have not less than four (4) years experience and understand the trade unions laws and activities.
- A track record of negotiating, influencing and persuading others at a senior level both internal and externally.
- Have effective writing and communication skills at all levels often covering complex and wide-ranging subjects.
- A consultative and facilitative style with the ability to influence others where appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide direction and leadership in a way that inspires confidence and commitment encourages ideas, innovation and initiative from others.
- Ability to demonstrate authority, commitment, consistency and fairness.
- Ability to think clearly and analytically, grasp complex issues and develop sound judgments in a sensitive environment
- Committed to the efficient and effective management of financial resources and staff.
- Commitment to the role and mandate of the Union
- Politically astute and aware.
Interested and qualified candidate(s) for the above position are to submit their Application/Curriculum Vitae to the National Union of Postal and Telecommunications Employees (NUPTE) National Secretariat at House NO 63, Fastrol/Yamokeen Estate, Gudu Lokogoma District Abuja FCT or call 08091193376 on or before 31st May, 2019.